The Primary Series (UK)
(John Scott Yoga Foundation Course)
Come and deepen your understanding of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Primary Series. This can be taken as a stand alone course for personal understanding and for those thinking about sharing the practise or taking the John Scott Yoga Ashtanga Vinyasa 200 hour Teacher Training with Sandra Howling.
This is a 36 hour course comprising of:
- Time for you personal practise of the Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- How to understand / learn the Ashtanga Vinyasa Count for the Primary Series.
- Focused 12 Breath Ujjayyi breath Practise and Count
- 15 Vinyasa Spinal Stretches
- Time for exploratory/experiential anatomy, discussions on Philosophy, theory and technique and how to begin/continue sharing this practise with students.
A course manual will be provided by Sandra, from Johns original material with his blessing and permission.
This Foundation course is not a prerequisite for the 200 hour John Scott Yoga Teacher Training, but having a full Primary Series practise and knowing the count for the Primary Series will be, so if you feel you need some support in learning this, or just wish to deepen your practise and understanding of this beautiful science, then this Foundation in Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga is ideal for you!
Dates: (3 Weekends):
- Sat/Sun 1st/2nd September 2018 10am-5pm both days
- Sat/Sun 6th/7th October 2018 10am-5pm both days
- Sat/Sun 3rd/4th November 2018 10am-5pm both days
Venue is Swineshead Village Hall, High Street, Swineshead, Bedfordshire … click here for a map
Cost for full course £550 (can be paid in 3 Installments):
To apply please click on this link to email Sandra at stating:
- Your name, age, sex, contact numbers and email address.
- How you came to practise ‘Yoga’, and a brief account of your ‘Yoga practise’ i.e., where you practise to in Ashtanga yoga (eg, which series.. to.which pose).
- Provide a short resume outlining your Yoga study, giving us the name of your main Yoga Teacher and length of study with them and if relevant (but not necessary to already be teaching to attend this course)… your Yoga teaching experience (if you do already teach), including any qualifications you have.
- A brief outline of your medical history noting any significant conditions / injuries.