John Scott Yoga 200 Hour Teacher Training (UK)
taught by Sandra Howling (JSY Senior Teacher)
This course is open to students who practise the full Primary Series and know the Ashtanga Vinyasa Count of the Primary Series. If you need help with learning the Count, please consider attending Sandra’s Foundation Course beginning 1st September 2018.
You will only need the count for half primary for modules 1 and 2. Full primary by Module 3.
The full 200 hour Teacher Training is a 4 module course; For those students who have already completed John’s level 1, you will only need to attend Modules 3 and 4.
The Course will cover in depth the Asana and Adjustments of the Primary Series of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, and anatomy in class with Sandra and David Keils online Anatomy course, philosophy, practise, pranayama and restorative. This will be an in depth course also covering such topics as ‘What to teach beginner students to Ashtanga’…. ‘When do we introduce the Finishing Sequence to students’… ‘Injuries’….etc.
The Asana and Adjustments covered in depth, will follow this structure:
- Module 1 – Surya Namaskar A / B, to end of Standing (Virabhadrasana B and transition back to standing)
- Module 2 – Whole of Seated; Dandasana to Navasana (plus recap on module 1 Adjustments)
- Module 3 – Bhujapdasana to Setu Bandasana (plus recap on Module 1 and 2 Adjustments)
- Module 4 – Urdva Danurasana, Drop Backs, Full Finishing Sequence, Restorative Practise (plus recap on Module 1, 2 and 3 Adjustments)
A course manual will be provided by Sandra from John’s original material with his blessing and permission. And the course will be certificated by John.
Each module will be 6 days, 8.30am – 5.30pm each day. For those needing accommodation please email me for information by clicking here
- Module 1 – Saturday 30th March 2019 – Thursday 4th April 2019
- Module 2 – Saturday 31st August 2019 – Thursday 5th September 2019
- Module 3 – Saturday 28th March 2020 – Thursday 2nd April 2020
- Module 4 – Saturday 29th August 2020 – Thursday 3rd September 2020
- David Keil’s online anatomy included in the cost (20hrs)
Venue is Swineshead Village Hall, High Street, Swineshead, Bedfordshire … click here to see a map
Cost for each module is £850:
Deposit to confirm your place (non-refundable); £250
Balance due £600 (once your place is confirmed) 8 weeks before commencement of course date, by 2nd February 2019
To book your place please reply stating:
- Your name, age, sex, contact numbers and email address.
- How you came to practise ‘Yoga’, and a brief account of your ‘Yoga practise’ i.e., where you practise to in Ashtanga yoga (eg, which series… to which pose).
- Provide a short resume outlining your Yoga study, giving us the name of your main Yoga Teacher and length of study with them and your Yoga teaching experience (if you do already teach), including any qualifications you have.
- A brief outline of your medical history noting any significant conditions / injuries.
I look forward to our continued journey together in sharing mine and my teachers love for this practice 🙂